Taleb Rifai, Secretary- General, World Tourism Organisation:
"World Responsible Day has become a distinguished feature of WTM. It has succeeded in highlighting the absolute need to associate Travel and Tourism with the highest ethical standards and practices. UNWTO, as the initiator and the promoter of the Global Code of Ethics in Tourism, is proud to be a partner associated with World Responsible Day."
Harold Goodwin, Professor of Responsible Tourism, Leeds Met University, Director of International Centre for Responsible Tourism and Chairman of the WTM WRTD Advisory Panel:
"We need to take responsibility for creating better places for people to live in and better places for people to visit. World Travel Market is uniquely placed to launch World Responsible Tourism Day. Nobody else could do it."
Sir Richard Branson, Chairman Virgin Altantic Airways:
Backs the campaign and sees that the airline industry can make an enormous difference by acting responsibly and saving 25-30% of CO² emissions.
Dermot Blastland, WTM Advisory Panel:
“There’s a step change taking place in travel and tourism that is having a fundamental impact on people and places for generations to come, helping to re-shape companies and destinations and improve the lives of communities.
Travel companies large and small are now beginning to recognise that not only is this important for our grandchildren. There’s also a growing demand by consumers seeking a more sustainable world where increasingly travel and tourism is a force for good.
There are few issues that can unite the industry. But this is one of them. Because of the immense global scale of World Travel Market, WTM World Responsible Tourism Day is able to bring the industry together in a way that has never been done before.”
WTM WRTD Advisory Panel
The WTM WRTD Advisory Panel consists of a team of global experts.
Harold Goodwin, Professor of Responsible Tourism Management, International Centre for Responsible Tourism, Leeds Metropolitan University
- Adama Bah, Tourism development expert, Founder Gambia is Good, co-ordinator Gambia Tourism Concern
- Costas Christ, Editor at Large, National Geographic Traveler and CEO, Beyond Green Travel
- Nicole Haeusler, Managing Director, Mascontour
- Andrew Jones, Director, Guardian Sanctuary Resorts and Foundation of International Responsible & Sustainable Tourism
- Sindiswa Nhlumayo, Deputy Director General for The Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism in South Africa
- Mandip Singh Soin, Founder and Managing Director. Ibex Expeditions (India)
- Zoltan Somoqyi, Director for Members Relations and Services, UNWTO